Contract Agreement Customer Responsibilities
So you always know what to expect.
Additions or Deletions
Additions or deletions from the schedule of work set forth above shall be in writing and signed by the party to be charged. In the event it is not practical to obtain a signature from the customer, or if a signature is not otherwise obtained, all requests for the additional work shall constitute a parole (i.e. “verbal”) change order from the Customer, and such change order(s) shall become a part of this contract. The manner in which the services are to be performed and the specific hours to be worked by Double G Painting & General Contracting shall be determined by agreement with the customer.
Additional Work and Change Orders become part of the contract once the order is prepared in writing and signed by the parties prior to the commencement of any work covered by the new change order. The order must describe the scope of the extra work or change, the cost to be added or subtracted from the contract, and the effect the order will have on the schedule of progress payments. The Owner may not require the Contractor to perform extra work without prior written authorization for such work. A change order is not enforceable against the Owner unless the Change Order complies with this provision. However, Contractor’s failure to provide the foregoing information does not preclude Contractor’s recovery based on legal or equitable remedies designed to prevent unjust enrichment.
Customer agrees to grant contractor full and unfettered access to the property in which services are to be rendered.
We try to maintain our start dates as close to the date provided as possible. Due to unforeseen and uncontrollable circumstances such as inclement weather or customers changing the scope of work on ongoing projects, we do sometimes have to move start dates. We appreciate your understanding if a circumstance does arise that requires your start date to be changed. Please be aware that If you need to change your confirmed start date its subject to a fee.
Please review the following responsibilities that are required of you, the client, so that your project will go smoothly:
- Select your colors and provide them to the Field Supervisor five (5) days prior to the start date. Changes to paint colors after purchase will require additional fees. We will provide you with a Paint Color Selection Form for additional details of how to provide your color selections.
- Please move all fragile or breakable items and electronics out of work areas prior to the start of the project.
- Remove vehicles from the garage and place them far away from areas being painted or sprayed. Do not leave a vehicle inside the garage even if the exterior of the home is being painted. The spray can go through vents and settle on surfaces.
- If the area to paint is not vacant, furniture should be moved into the center of the room
- If closets are to be painted, please make sure they are emptied. The homeowner will need to find a space to accommodate the items that will not interfere with the painting. Options may include your garage, an interior area not being painted, or renting a portable storage unit that sits on the driveway that can be locked.
- We do not move items such as refrigerators, washers, dryers and other electrical appliances and equipment. If you want the area behind these items painted, you must have them moved out of the way before the crew arrives.
- When workers are painting, please stay out of their work zone and away from all paint materials and tools.
- Be available on the first & last day to meet with the Field Supervisor & Foreman to review your project and sign off upon satisfactory completion.